Friday, August 27, 2010

Back at the Ranch

So this is the maiden voyage of the blog.......please comment!

Last week Glitter and Sparkles went to Rock Bottom Ranch for camp all week. I didn't know that this is affectionately known as 'farm camp'. Because would i have sent these two fancypants to a farm? ok, so now we know that a ranch = farm. good to know.
So off we go into the hinterlands to get there, shlep through a muddy trail, and voila, there it is - complete with horses, cows, goats, chickens, pigs, roosters and sunflowers. Beautiful. Somehow, during this week of milking the goats (shouldn't they be paying me for free labor?), feeding the pigs -- Ham and Bacon (too bad the kosher kids didn't get the joke!), these city slickers transformed. What was my first clue? Well, when I picked them up on the third or fourth day, their counselor said, "tell Mommy what you did today," the kids start naming different activities and she said, "No, tell her what you ate" they say, "lunch, snack" "No, what ELSE did you eat?" "oh, ants," they both answer nonchalantly. "they taste like sweet tarts," Glitter adds. ????? Who are these kids? they are definitely not related to me! But they were thrilled and said it was the best camp ever. Munch away, I say.

The girls and I stopped at the grocery store after farm camp one day and ran into their kindergarten teacher. I recognized her because she gave us a tour back in May. She hung out and chatted with us for at least 30 minutes. Then she thanked us for stopping her! Unbelievable. We had our official meet your teacher at school yesterday. The girls are going to be together with Miss Beth (teachers go by their first names here), too much anxiety otherwise. Noodles has the cutest teacher who happens to be the girlfriend of one of his counselors! It was a great meeting (as much as it can be for a kid who doesn't want to go to school) and at least one of us is really excited for school to start on Tuesday! (Bet you can't guess who!!!!)

Noodles is going to be rock climbing after school! he loves this crazy adventure stuff. Right now he's mountain biking -- it may surpass skateboarding as his favorite sport. Hard to believe, I know. The girls are going to dance dance dance. There's a lot of things they want to do but I think going to kindergarten all day is enough. Let's see how they do getting to school by 8am!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started this bolg. I'm guaranteed to smile and laught whenever I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much linda! i don't like anyone with proper spelling anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that at least one person listens to me. I say start a blog and you did. Wish my kids would listen that well! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee, wow, wow!! Love the colors, love the format and love the content! What a great blog! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blogging, Lori! I'll look forward to hearing all about your life in the wild West! :)

    Regards, Sandy

    ReplyDelete